Some of our Achievements
- Establishment of the 1st framework for the local assembly of computer component through the CAT/CoVAN initiative leading to the establishment of the National Committee for the Acquisition of Computer and Electronic Technology (NACACET) committee by the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology in 1995.
- Partnership with Federal Ministry of Science and Technology on the mitigation of the Y2K Bug, 1999.
- Hosting of the 1st IT Policy Advocacy Workshop in Nigeria, 2000
- Drafting and presenting to the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology, the first IT Policy document for Nigeria, 1999.
- Formation of the Nigeria Computer Society in 2002.
- Launch of the Computer in School Initiative (CISI) 2001 and later rebranded OSPC in March 2008.
- Institution of the annual IT CEO Summit from 2007 under the IT Future brand.
- Establishment of alliance with PIKOM and BITKOM of Malaysia and Germany in 2008 and 2009 respectively.
- Admission into the World Information Technology & Services Alliance (WITSA), 2008.
- Successful hosting of WITSA Chairman Dato Dan E. Khoo on his maiden visit to Nigeria, 2009.
- Establishment of the National IT Public Private Forum in 2009.
- Hosting of the WITSA Africa Region Secretariat, 2010.
- Election of the 1st Nigerian Vice Chairman of WITSA.
- Signed collaborative MoU with the Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON), 2010.
- Hosting of NASSCOM (India) CEOs delegation, 2010.
- Appointment of the first Nigerian as a representatives of the Global Business Community into the UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development Working Group on improvements to the Internet Governance Forum.